Solar Memorial





Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

As I understand it the aim of this project was to provide us students with the opportunity to familiarise ourselves with computer modelling software and the three-dimensional characteristics of the interaction between architectural space and the sun's path relative to a specific location. Other aims include exploring the effects of environmental context, climate, culture and materiality in architecture. We were asked to both model an existing building (Villa Savoye, Le Corbusier) in attempt to learn how to use Revit as well as design a solar memorial for a specific time of the year. The solar memorial was a design avenue in which we could use sunlight to create a somewhat spiritual and emotive space in a special moment of time (once a year).

The ability to communicate how a space is experienced is something I am very passionate about. I have sacrificed weeks and weeks of my holidays committed to learn programs like these. This is my first work with Revit and 3ds Max and I’m very proud that I was able to communicate such emotive qualities of the space. Man.. it was extremely hard and frustrating as I came across loads of technical problems but yeah God definitely pulled me through this one.. Its so true that as we trust in God with all our heart, and lean not on our own understanding, He will always guide our path.! God is where I find my strength to persevere, my inspiration to design, and my peace and confidence that I am able!

 
Copyright © Inspired to Inspire